Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gross Things at the Office

R. licking the knife between each slice of cake is pretty gross.  So is that fact that people stick their hands into the ice maker after coming out of the bathroom, but this one will top them all.
You know that we get breakfast everyday and long with the communal tray of bagel-muffins and fruit salad is a bottle of orange juice.  People open the juice, pour some and depending on whether they are considerate or inconsiderate people, the cap is reapplied to the bottle. 
One day as I entered the kitchen, there was a "debate" as to whether the orange juice is "good".  Not quite understanding the "hidden" meaning, I said, "yeah, why not, it's not like it's spoiled."  Then I was quickly and quietly informed that someone caught O. driniking directly from the bottle and he put it back down on the counter one day.  I asked when this was, and was told that it was a month ago.  I was a bit angry, not just because O. had drank out of the bottle and put it back down, but because I was not informed of this earlier.  So, all of us looked at the bottle on the table.  Then I started to take all of the other half-finished bottles out of the drawer fridge and place them on the counter.  The others were horrified thinking that I was going to play some kind of shell game or musical chairs with the OJ bottles.  Although the thought of torturing people did cross my mind, I started to open each of the unfinished bottles and empty the contents down the sink to everyone's relief.  If we can not ascertain the purity of any of the partially finished bottles, then we have to get rid of it all.
Did you know that O. drinks out of the bottle and places it back on the counter?  If you did and you did not tell anyone, then just about the whole office has kissed O.!!!!!  If you did not know, and you have had the juice in the middle of the day, then you have kissed O.!!!!!!
Yep, kind of sickening.

No comments:

Post a Comment